One of Frederick County, Virginia’s, advantages is how it customizes public investment based on the needs of each project. The client picks the site or building that best suits its needs and the public investment is then tailored to meet the needs of the client at that location.
Examples of public investment provided to clients in the past, include:
- Site/building purchase costs;
- Site/building development costs;
- Extension of utilities;
- Assistance in basic utility infrastructure;
- Purchase of right-of-way;
Guidelines that establish the level of investment are based on three factors:
- The investment the company makes in real estate (new construction or leasehold value); machinery and tools; personal property and total payroll/number of jobs.
- Future investment plans in worker skill training and retraining;
- Type of employment (basic or non-basic).
Frederick County will work with the client to help determine Virginia incentives the company may also qualify for.
Let us know how we can help you succeed in Frederick County.