With a diversity of companies, consistent performance and signature workforce development programs, we continue to shine as one of Virginia’s finest regions, leaning on numerous resources to ensure the success of our community. One such resource includes call-team visits to local businesses to communicate training resources and expansion assistance opportunities. The Frederick County EDA has an established track record of facilitating financial and workforce training assistance to expanding companies.
Please contact us to see how we can help your business grow.
One of Frederick County, Virginia’s, advantages is how it customizes public investment based on the needs of each project. The client picks the site or building that best suits its needs and the public investment is then tailored to meet the needs of the client at that location.
EXAMPLES OF PAST PUBLIC INVESTMENT PROVIDED TO CLIENTS
Assistance in Basic
GUIDELINES FOR ESTABLISHING LEVEL OF INVESTMENT:
- Total Investment:
- Real Estate (new construction or leasehold value)
- Machinery & Tools
- Personal Property
- Payroll/Number of Jobs
- Future investment plans in worker skill training and retraining
- Type of employment (basic or non-basic)
Frederick County will work with the client to help determine Virginia incentives the company may also qualify for.
Let us know how we can help you succeed in Frederick County.
There are a variety of resources available to help train your current workforce as well as recruit new team members. Internships, apprenticeships, on-the-job training assistance, and customized workforce training are just a few of the available programs to help you further-develop your employees.
COMPANY: Winchester Metals
INDUSTRY: Metal Fabrication & Distribution
TRAINING ASSISTANCE: Retraining funds provided via the Virginia Jobs Investment Program (VJIP) to assist Winchester Metals in maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Thirty-seven (37) employees were retrained on a new software program.
To support the growth and health of the area’s existing businesses, the EDA utilizes a business call team comprised of retired industry executives. The executives call on Frederick County industries on a rotational basis, conducting surveys and reporting back to the EDA. The data reporting provided by Call Team members allows the EDA to access the overall health of industry sectors, recognize changing industry trends, and ensure consistent, personal contact with local businesses.
CALL TEAM BENEFITS
- Identify Potential Expansion Opportunities - A company may qualify for financial and/or workforce training assistance when expanding its business. Collaborating before an expansion has begun ensures the greatest utilization of assistance opportunities.
- Keep Businesses Up-to-Date on Workforce Development Assistance Programs - Partner agencies exist in the community to help companies address their workforce needs. Call Team members work with the EDA to identify partnership and assistance opportunities after meeting with companies.
- Prevent and Resolve Issues - Transportation, infrastructure, and permitting are just a few of the areas in which the EDA has assisted businesses in the past. If you're facing a challenge, let your Call Team representative know, as the EDA may be able to help facilitate a solution.
Call Team data is placed into E-Synchronist, an analytical software devised specifically for evaluating existing businesses. The software is used to organize, analyze, and report company information obtained during Call Team visits, giving the EDA valuable insight into the dynamics of the local economy.